Stay Well in Winter
Review and share these 7 tips to reduce the spread of germs and virus so you, your staff and students stay well in Winter:
1. Stay home if you feel unwell, even with mild 'flu-like symptoms.
2. Keep 1.5 metres physically distanced from others.
3. Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water, or use hand sanitiser, after arriving at home or at work and other venues.
4. Wear a 3-layer face mask - disposable or reusable - when requested, or when physical distancing isn't possible.
5. Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow or sleeve and avoid touching your face.
6. Ventilate indoor spaces by opening doors and windows whenever possible.
7. Avoid crowded places and limit time in enclosed spaces.
World Health Organisation
Department of Health & Human Services Vic:
Department of Health Australian Government:
Safe Work Australia
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find printable school resources about reducing the spread of germs and viruses?
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has developed a series of posters with information and tips for school staff, high school and secondary school students, and primary school students on how to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission in schools. Here are the links:
What products do I need to help reduce the spread of germs and viruses at school?
You will find our popular range of cleaning, sanitising and disinfecting supplies, plus personal protective equipment (PPE), in our Schools Hygiene and PPE Supplies section.