Shock - Restlessness, irritability, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, confusion, pale cool moist skin, blue tinge to lips and fingernails, rapid breathing and pulse, loss of consciousness.
1. Assess patient’s conscious state, look for injuries and control bleeding.
2. Place in recovery position if breathing normally but unconscious or semi-conscious.
3. If conscious state deteriorates and call Triple Zero (000) or mobile 112 for an ambulance and prepare for CPR.
4. If conscious, lie patient down comfortably and cover with blanket to maintain body temperature. Loosen tight clothing, avoid food or drink.
5. Reassure patient until assistance arrives or recovery occurs.
6. If patient faints, raise their legs and monitor conscious state as above.